OVERVIEW OF ROLE
Has the responsibility for the safe and efficient execution of the work in accordance with the relevant legislation and Company policies and procedures. This includes adhering to the Company Code of Conduct, Vision, Values and Behaviours, as supported by the Safe System of Working including Accountability of Safety.
All personnel are expected to carry out their duties in a safe and professional manner where Company HSEQ Performance Expectations are firmly embedded within our teams day to day working practises contributing towards an open culture founder upon positive behaviours and good leadership.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
• Responsibility for the safe execution of the work in accordance with the relevant legislation, contract and company and project procedures.
• The Shift Supervisor is responsible for keeping the DP operator informed of any change in status of the operation. He will keep the bridge informed of all equipment deployed and equipment movements from the vessel. He shall inform the bridge immediately in the event of an emergency.
• The Shift Supervisor is responsible for all deck activities.
• The Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all equipment used by the project team is in a satisfactory condition as regards performance, maintenance and calibration necessary to carry out the operation.
• The Shift Supervisor has a specific duty to terminate the operation if he/she considers that any malfunction or operation of the equipment would prejudice the safety and/or satisfactory completion of the operation.
• Ensuring that all reporting requirements as laid out in the clients project documentation are undertaken.
• Collating the necessary information attaining to the project and obtaining approval by customer's representative where required.
• Ensuring that a thorough and detailed handover briefing prior to transferring control of the operation to a relief Supervisor – this includes comfort/meal breaks.
• Ensuring that all personnel involved in the operation receive sufficient coaching and supervision to assist them in carrying out their appointed tasks in a safe and effective manner.
• Be familiar with and implementation of the clients management of change Process & Procedures.
• Maximising the working synergies between project and marine personnel.
• Maximising the use of common work processes between project and marine departments.
• The Shift Supervisor shall actively ensure the implementation of the clients Competence Assurance Assessment Programme for Personnel engaged in the operation.
• To assist as required by onshore management in support of ongoing operations, business acquisition, training and competence, and HSEQ activities.
• Any other duties as directed by the Offshore Manager.
• Operate within the Code of Conduct
• Operate according to clients Business Management System
• Follow / Execute standards and procedures for the Operations Management Function
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
• Client Representative
• Offshore Manager
• DP Officers onboard
• All project Crew members onboard
• All support departments onshore associated with Role of Shift Supervisor
Minimum of 10 years offshore construction / ROV experience in a relevant environment.